View November 2nd Meeting
‘’‘When’‘’: Wednesday October 26, 7:00 PM
‘’‘Where’‘’: Andru Edwards’ Place ([http://maps.google.com/maps?q=9202+Densmore+Ave+N,+98103&spn=0.020361,0.035062&hl=en map])
Insurance turned out to be spendy, and opening up additional spots drove the price up, so Andru is charging $50 each for the extra spots.
We have a box.net account for loading files from sessions & stuff: box.net/mindcamp
We’ll have one track just for social/soft/non-techie stuff
We hammered out final details. The following is the final to-do list as of Friday, November 4th.
==Mind Camp To-Do List==
===Mind Camp Schedule===
* Setup at venue
** brady can be there early afternoon
** ted will get there around 1:30pm
* 8 am - Organizers arrive for final room prep
* 9:30 - 11:00 Registration table manned
* 8:30 - organizers meeting
* 10:00 - campers arrive
* 10:30 - Opening remarks
* 10:50 - noon - Introductions
* noon - 1:00 session signups/lunch
* 1:00 - 6:00 sessions
* 6:-00 - 8:00 dinner
* 8:00 - midnight sessions
* midnight - 8:00 sleep/quet activities/hacking/projects
* 8:00 - 9:00 breakfast
* 9:00 - 11:00 sessions
* 11:00 - noon closing session
* noon - ??? clean up/tear down
* Name tags planners/organizers?
* broadcast/podcast/stream to folks outside of the event? (We’ll post stuff to box.net)
* Are there any wranglers/support staff aside from Monica? Anyone we could recruit?
* Doug Dobbins to bring first aid kit
* On Friday - Check bathrooms for supplies in case we need to make a Costco run
* need gong/airhorn/doorbell/timer to keep intros on track (I’ll bring a gong/Nancy)
* Can anyone bring a printer? (Brady is bringing one that ‘‘may’’ work.)
* We talked about transcribing the schedule onto the wiki. (Draft is up)
** (Oops! I meant the session schedule. I’ll take care of doing that on Saturday. -Stuart)
** Do we need to transcribe the full schedule on Saturday in realtime? It would be nice to have, but probably a massive undertaking for something that may be changing… I don’t think it’s necessary - Justin
* Make a sign-up sheet for clean-up volunteers
* Set aside a bulletin board space (bring pushpins)
* On Friday - Divide up space. Make map of space.
===Make sure the attendees know…===
* While this will be a choose your own adventure event, the organizers hope that you will take away friendships, ideas, and contacts that will allow you to grow professionally and personally. Make this event what you want it and need it to be for you!
* Please arrive by 10
* Please bring your ticket
* The doors will be locked & a guard will be posted. Security will have a list of names.
* Make sure you get the right directions - Google maps doesn’t show the right location
* It’s BYO…
** Power Strip & extension cords
** Chairs (optional; we’ll have many)
** Sleeping bags
** Drinks for you and a bud. Coolers will be provided. No alcohol, please.
** Bring your laptops/desktops/tablets/PDAs/Hiptops/what have you. We’ll have some tables, plenty of chairs, some paper & writing supplies, but feel free to bring anything you’d like to have.
** Lots of session ideas and other info on the wiki
** Use the wiki for coordination. We’ll also have an IRC channel: #mindcamp on irc.freenode.net
* There will be no land line at the building
* Stuff to please bring (see wiki page Requested Items)
* Tag delicious, flickr, blog posts and more with mindcamp1.0
** Blog/don’t blog/no NDA
** We’d be really happy to see panels/joint presentations
** One way to participate: Offer to host a panel on a particular subject (you may not know much about this). Invite/Let people sign up.
** Okay to think about signing up for a session for something you don’t know anything about. Let people know you’re going to ask for input from the group
===Wiki Pages needed===
* How to participate
** IRC Channel = #mindcamp on irc.freenode.net
* How to tag it
** Use mindcamp1.0 - wiki page made, only links to gada.be so far.
* How to blog it (or not)
* Rides, directions, travel arrangements (Directions are done - Justin)
* Schedule Draft up
* Can we check this off? (yes!)
* Needs list of attendees (Andru to print?)
* Make sure they know who the organizers are.
** Quiet Zone
** Blog-Free Zone (off-the-record room)
** Room Names
*** Seattle neighborhoods?
*** Internet Protocols?
* Prep/post pages for sessions
* Assemble the Session Grid (I am bringing a bunch of 4x8 sheets of butcher paper - Justin)
* I’m also bringing newsprint / crayons to put on all the tables, and maybe some tileboard - Justin
- (what’s at the registration table? Is there a need for this? Once they’ve gotten past security, do they need anything else? -Stuart)
- I think we should have a registration / greeting table, if for no other reason then that they won’t be faced by “Security” when they walk in the door. I’ll be happy to man this with Monica for the main arrivals. - Justin
* If people show up who haven’t registered, ask them to wait until we see how many no-shows we have. The person in charge of registration can make a judgement call about letting them in or not.
* Name Tags - for all attendees?
* For legal & liability purposes, no one under 18 will be admitted
‘’‘Set out furniture’‘’
* Garbage cans
* Put out any extra power strips to encourage folks to set up laptops on tables
** brady is bringing two lcd projectors - is there a locked room for storage when not in use?
** Doug is bringing one LCD projector and one 60 inch screen.
* Whiteboards/blank newsprint & pens
* Seattle Wireless guys are in charge - what do they need?
* Make sure we have a way to coordinate w/ vendors - phone #, etc.
* (Do we need any supplies? Plates, utensils, etc.?)
** Sponsored by (What Counts?)
** Sponsored by MSN Search
** If we do Costco, then we might want to pick this up Saturday evening (Justin)
* Coffee - (Andru - do we have everything we need from Kim? -stuart)
** Sponsored by Starbucks
** Pick up the drink cards
** Coordinate with nearest Starbucks (Did we find where this is? -stuart)
** Pick up coffee
*** Saturday Morning
*** Saturday Night
*** Sunday Morning
* Nancy White is bringing coolers. Confirmed. When do you want them there,.. Friday?
* Intro yourself & organizers
* Thank the sponsors
* Orientation to space (give out maps?)
** Here’s sleeping area
** Here are presentation rooms
** Here’s meal area
** Here are the moderators - the people to ask if you need help. I’d be glad to help moderate/Nancy
** Here’s the community bulletin board
** Here are the back channels
*** Tag posts, etc., with mindcamp1.0
* Explain the intro process
** Who you are. Who you’re with. Two sentences. If you go long, you may get air-horned. (Ouch!)
* Explain sessions
** After intros, you’ll sign up to present sessions; then lunch
** respect 1 hour boundaries - plan to wrap up at 10-till the hour. If there’s more stuff to say at the end of 50 mins, feel free to take stuff to the main room
** We’ll have at least one “lightning round” - each person talks for 5 - 10 minutes (Lightning Talks)
** It’s okay to have split sessions (2 folks do 25 minutes each)
** Sessions start on the hour; split sessions start on the 25-min mark
** Sunday morning, we’ll put up another grid. If you heard about a talk and missed it, find the presenter and beg them to repeat.
** Hacking/gaming/projects encouraged for the late-night/early morning sessions (pimp the Werewolf game)
* Explain blog/don’t blog/no NDA
* One of the ways you can participate is to volunteer
** food setup
** clean up
* Thanks to sponsors/closing remarks
* We want your feedback now, and here’s how you can give us feedback once you’ve had a chance to reflect (wiki pages, etc.) What went wrong? What went right?
* Invite help for the next one
* Please help pack out
‘’‘Clean up/tear down’‘’
* trash bags
* paper towels
* Thank yous to sponsors (& blog post)
* Post mortem Planning Group meeting
* Post Mortem page on wiki
* Letters to media: here’s what happened @ Mind Camp. Stats, etc. - allows us to touch base, toot our own horn, and lay the groundwork for the next Mind Camp
* Discuss structure/dates/meetings for next Mind Camp